WHAT IS MEET AND GREET?
Meet and Greets are an opportunity for businesses to introduce themselves and the services they provide to Chamber members.Meet and Greets are typically hosted at the business location or a location of your choice. Your business is the main focus of that meeting and an opportunity to tell us all about you, your business or any events you have coming up. Great topics are:
- Who are you, how long have you been with the company
- Introduction to your staff
- How long has the company been in business
- What are the services you provide
- What region do you cover
- What events or specials are you currently running or are coming up soon
- What sets you apart from your competition
- What does your ideal customer looks like
- How can members help refer business to you
How does this event benefit my business?
Meet and Greets are an opportunity to inform other Chamber members and the public of your business offerings. Meet and Greets bring people to your business who may not be familiar with your servies or products and potentially may increase your customer base. Informing other business owners of your services or products may lead to additional referrals while supporting the Shop Local programs. Other ways this program benefits your business:
- Free advertising for your business Meet and Greet event on the Chamber Website and Facebook page
- A free Meet and Greet flyer announcing your event created by the Chamber
- Your Meet and Greet event will be displayed on the Community Park Board the week before the event. This advertising reaches thousands of potential customers and is paid for and scheduled by the Chamber. This is a $25.00 value and represents 50% of your annual membership dues being returned in the form of adverstising
- Easel board placed outside of your business to direct participants to the Meet and Greet on the day of the event (provided by the Chamber)
- One or more Chamber Board of Directors in attendance of your event to greet attendees and emcee the event
WHAT IS THE COST?
The only cost to hosting a Meet and Greet is you providing coffee and breakfast snacks for about 25 people the day of your Meet and Greet. We also have a small give away at the end of the Meet and Greet, please feel free to provide something for the drawing or even swag for anyone/everyone if you want.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT?
The day of Greeters the Cottonwood Chamber of Commerce Director(s) will show up around 8:15 am to set up the sign and welcome people as they come in. Most members show up between 8:30 and 9 am.
The typical agenda is
- 9:00 am – Welcome: 5min
- Introductions & Announcements: 10min
- Tell us about your company: 30min
- Q&A about your company: 5-10min
- Network with members: 5-10min
- 10:00 am – Meet and Greet ends
INFORMING CHAMBER MEMBERS and the public OF A MEET AND GREET
There are multiple ways we inform the members about Meet and Greet events. They are:
- Through our email list of active members
- Through facebook as a Cottonwood Chamber Event
- Through multiple facebook Meet and Greet notification posts the week of your Meet and Greet
- The Meet and Greet business is featured on the Community Park electronic signboard the week before the event. This advertising for your business is paid for by the Chamber!
We are also happy to provide the chamber members with any other details about your company before the Meet and Greet event as well.
WANT TO HAVE YOUR BUSINESS HOST A MEET AND GREET?